Not sure about railways of other countries, But talking about Indian Railways seat availability, I am certain that we fell short of. Yep, Our trains are always overcrowded and there always go scarcity of tickets and reservation as we’re always booked especially on routes to-fro metro cities. In India, if you want to travel to another state, you need to make reservation 15 days in advance atleast to make sure you get your ticket confirmed, else, you won’t get it the easy way round. That means that you need to plan your long journey one month in advance and schedule your traveling in accordance to get a confirm railway reservation else you end up getting listed in waiting chart.
How to check Indian Railways Seat Availability :
There are several ways of checking seat availability on all trains on a particular destination. One common way and easily understandable way is to go the link given below. On this link, you don’t need to enter the short code of your railway station. Anyone can find status of seat availiability by checking this link :
- Just visit this link : Open the link below in browser.
- In the “From” box, type from where you want to depart.
- In the “TO” box, type where you want to reach. (Note: You don’t need to enter the short codes of railway stations or the train number.)
- Chose class type i.e. ac, sleeper, etc.
- Chose Journey Date.
- Chose One way or return journey as per requirement.
- Hit on Get Details button..
It is simple and easy to find train status and berth availability. Alternately, you can also go to http://irctc.co.in and register there and then plan your travel and then it check for seat availability by following the options mentioned there.
A Tip : Always Plan your rail journey in advance of atleast 15 days to get a confirm ticket because Seat availability of Indian Railways have always been null.